Since i got my own server (a little more than one year ago) i learned a lot of things involved in this. One of the main things is that, when you have your own server, you are fully responsible of its security. If a hacker decides to make damage, you need to be a little bit prepared. I'm not an expert in these kind of things, therefore all i try to do is to keep updated on the software i use. Every now and then there are upgrades to be done, often to fix some security issues discovered by much more experienced guys than me. This weekend had been one of those moments. I've upgraded the software that handles adverts on the site (smooth update, no problems at all) and the software that handles the forum. And here came problems. I spent hours trying to fix it...and it still doesn't work properly. Yesterday i've noticed that a link posted by someone ( here ) was making the whole server busy once someone was going to try to view that message, and i still didn't understand what's wrong. Moreover, now the quoting system doesn't work well...God knows why. I've searched on internet and discovered that many people are facing the same issues...so i'm not alone.

Only one thing is sure: upgrades are the worst part of having your own server...

Digg This!del.icio.us


Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home